Summary for the impatient
The new PLUG committee for 2006 is:
- President: Ian Kent
- Vice President: Bernard Blackham
- Secretary: Daniel Axtens
- Treasurer: Mark Gaynor
- Ordinary Committee Members: Tim White, Jeff Rida, Marcus Giles, and Cameron Patrick
- Librarian: Ken Muir-Hunt
- List masters: Ian Kent, Mark Gaynor and Tim White
- Web masters: Committee to share
- Talks coordinator: Committee assumes responsibility
Meeting opened Mon Jan 30 20:08:33 WST 2006
- Marcus Giles
- Mark Gaynor
- Bernard Blackham
- Jim Leven
- Innis Cunningham
- Daniel Axtens
- Tim White
- James Stewart
- Chris Denby
- Jeff Rida
- Phil Cadwell
- Peter Kesners
- Uli Kesners
- Tomasz Grzegurzko
- Russ Powers
- Milan Pospisil
- Daniel Beard
- Ian Kent
- Arie Hol
- Joel Johnson
- Ken Muir-Hunt
- Cameron Patrick
- Nick Bannon
- In absentia
- Nothing to report
- Relatively uneventful
- Financial membership is a little down
- 63 financial and 66 non-financial as of last Sunday (though many will have paid tonight)
- E-mail expiry warning isn't working yet. Should get somebody onto that.
- Suggest putting direct debit info at bottom of signup form.
- Notion of family membership raised again
- Expenditure $1315.60. Big expenditures:
- PLUG computer ($578) P4 2.4GHz mini-ATX PC
- Cables purchased in 2004
- Still need to purchase an LCD monitor for PC
- Current funds $1683.80
- Burner/demo box bought
- PLUG now has audio recordings of seminars
Committee Vacated - Elections begin
Tim White nominated by Bernard Blackham. Seconded by Mark Gaynor. Declined
Bernard Blackham nominated by Daniel Axtens. Seconded by Mark Gaynor. Declined
Ian Kent nominated by self. Seconded by Daniel Beard. Accepted
Ian Kent elected President unopposed.
Marcus Giles nominated by Mark Gaynor. Seconded by Bernard Blackham. Accepted
Bernard Blackham nominated by Marcus Giles. Seconded by Daniel Beard. Accepted
Two candidates to fill one position - voted upon: Bernard Blackham elected.
Mark Gaynor nominated by self. Seconded by Leon Brooks. Accepted
Mark Gaynor elected Treasurer unopposed.
Daniel Axtens nominated by Mark Gaynor. Seconded by Bernard Blackham. Accepted
Daniel Axtens elected Secretary unopposed.
Ordinary Committee Members:
Marcus Giles nominated by Daniel Beard. Seconded by Mark Gaynor. Accepted
Jeff Rida nominated by self. Seconded by Joel Johnson. Accepted
Cameron Patrick nominated by Bernard Blackham. Seconded by Mark Gaynor. Accepted
Tim White nominated by Mark Gaynor. Seconded by Marcus Giles. Accepted
Chris Denby moves to have 4 OCMs. Seconded by Jeff Rida. Carried
Four candidates to fill four positions: OCMs filled.
Committee filled - elections end.
Mark Gaynor: Family membership? Transfer discussion to mailing list.
Peter Kesners has lots of old machines available for free. Does PLUG want to advertise them? Post to list. Tim White proposes Peter emails webmaster to update. Daniel Axtens mentions that interested people would have to manually check the web-page. Mailing list is probably more appropriate.
Mark Gaynor: review membership fees.
Arie Hol: tutorial CDs. Make one available to new members? Copyright breach? Need clarification.
AGM closed Mon Jan 30 20:46:20 WST 2006
PLUG Meeting opened.
Volunteer (non-committee) positions for 2006:
- Librarian: Ken Muir-Hunt volunteers.
- Talks coordinator: No-one volunteers: Committee assumes responsibility.
- List master(s): Ian Kent, Mark Gaynor and Tim White volunteer.
- Webmaster/Webslave: Committee to share responsibility.